Our firm has extensive experience in the following areas in our PROPERTY LAW practice:
- Land Acquisition & Disposal Transactions
- Due Diligence Search on Property
- Registration of Servitudes
- Subdivisions & Consolidation of Property
- Opening Sectional Title Registers
- Opening Township Registers & Township Establishment
- Commercial & Residential Conveyancing
In life, not everything goes according to script and it’s at those times when you need the best legal advice for your individual needs. At Marie Van Coller (MVC) Incorporated we strive to provide a high level of legal advice to pre-empt any legal dispute you may encounter and to resolve any dispute at an early stage to reach the best possible outcome and avoid the high costs of litigation.
Marie Van Coller Incorporated provides the following services in our dispute resolution practice:
- Litigation in the Magistrate Court, Regional Court & High Court
- Attending to all aspects of Landlord & Tenant Disputes
- Debt Collection from companies and/or individuals.
- Evictions and Rental Claims from tenants in the High Court and Magistrate Court.
- Motor Vehicle Accident Claims from negligent drivers.
- Contractual Disputes.
- Consumer Protection Act and the compliance thereof.
We are a modern and progressive litigation law firm and operate a new legal services business model which significantly reduces our overheads and which means we can transfer the benefit of those cost savings back to our customers in the form of competitive fee rates.
Our business model means that clients have the option of choosing either, remote delivery of legal services which is simple, effective and cost efficient, or alternatively, the more traditional delivery of legal services via meetings in person at either our serviced offices, or at the client's business premises.
Meetings are only incurred on an "as and when" used basis which means that we do not incur many of the significant property overheads which are incurred by other more traditional dispute resolution law firms.
Our expert team solicitors will initially assess the merits of any potential claim or defence. We will then provide an honest, robust and pragmatic assessment and opinion on the likelihood of successfully bringing, or defending a claim. We will not allow you to waste your money where the chances of succeeding in a claim are low.
In South Africa’s current employment climate you need to ensure that you have the best labour advice at a moment’s notice at your disposal. At Marie Van Coller (MVC) Incorporated we understand how important it is to be employed and to be in a working environment that is productive to you and we will always ensure that your labour rights are enforced and protected at all times.
Our firm offers the following services in the Labour Law practice:
- Drafting of Employment Agreements, Policies & Procedures
- General Employment Advice in the workplace.
- Unfair Dismissals and Unfair Labour Practices
- Mediation & Arbitration at CCMA and/or Bargaining Councils
Robust, well-drafted contracts are essential to the performance and growth of any business. And if your commercial agreements do not have the basics of contract formation correct you could seriously damage your business. Your ability to deliver to your clients and meet your commercial targets could be greatly affected.
Working with you to understand the type of contracts you need
In today’s uncertain economic climate, organisations need contracts that are geared specifically toward their business. Of course, all contracts must follow a basic legal formula of offer, acceptance, consideration, and intention to create legal relations. But we go further, designing contracts that match your industry’s requirements and the other parties’ expectations.
The right to a fair trial is a right that is entrenched in the South African Constitution and is a right that MVC Inorporated takes very seriously. Our firm will strive to make sure that you have a fair trial throughout the case and that your right to freedom is not unlawfully infringed.
Our firm offers the following services in our Criminal Law Practice:
- Bail Applications – Formal, Informal & After Hours.
- Legal Representations out of court.
- Attending to Trial and all appearances.
- Plea Bargaining and Diversions.
Family law is a diverse and dynamic area in South Africa and you need to make sure that you are dealing with a firm that can adapt to the diversities faced in our country. At Marie Van Coller (MVC) Incorporated we believe that we have the expertise to cover all aspects relating to Family Law to ensure that you receive specialised advice to suit your individual requirements.
We offer the following services in our Family Law Practice:
- Mediation process to reach a settlement agreement between parties.
- Divorce Proceedings, opposed or unopposed.
- Protection Orders in terms of the domestic violence act.
- Protection from Harassment Act.
- Winding up of Estates and Registration of Trusts.
- Applying for and defending Maintenance claims.
- Child care and contact.
Wills, Testaments & Estates
Avoid Argument, Expense or Delay After Your Death
No one likes to think about what happens when they die. But if you don't, your family could suffer
Delays, hardship and worry - even costly legal bills - are not the ideal legacy for a family in mourning.
Making a will means that what you own goes to those you care most about and not those that the law has chosen. And, if you have young children, you can include in your will the name of the person you would like to care for them rather than leaving the decision to the courts or social services.
A will is an important step towards peace of mind for you and security for your family. This is why we want to help with this important aspect.